Brekkie

I love breakfast. I love croissants, waffles, pancakes, french toast, sugary cereal, basically anything with carbs. I seriously love pastry, and sugar.

So it has been pretty difficult for me over the past few days to generally abandon my cravings for a healthier breakfast. However, this transition was made substantially easier with Siren Granola. After seeing many positive reviews, I figured if I was going to eat food I thought would be gross, I might as well support a local business. I ended up purchasing Siren Bakery's Blueberry and Pecan Granola from Herb and Spice on Wellington.

(Insert picture of Siren Bakery Granola here)

The reason there's no actual picture up there is because I. ATE. IT. ALL. Well, by me, I mean A and I. I suppose I should put my opinion of granola in context. In the past, all granola I've eaten has basically tasted like sawdust, so to be honest, I wasn't expecting this granola to be any better. I tossed some on vanilla yogurt, and proceeded to eat breakfast.

I was incredibly surprised by not only the taste, but the texture as well! This granola is not sawdust (thank goodness!), it is chewy, sweet and hands down the most delicious healthy thing I've ever eaten. I now consider myself a total addict, and I can't wait to try some other flavours! If you, like me, have a tough time eating healthy breakfasts (or healthy food in general), I dare you to try Siren Bakery's Granola and not fall totally in love.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment